A traditional cross from Napadova. Made in 1919, just a year after the Big Union of Basarabia (Moldova) and Romania. The tradition has faded in the communist period, starting 1945. However, crosses like this can be seen throughout the villages on the Nistru river, especially in the Vertiujeni - Socola area. There are no more stone masters in Napadova, but they can be found rarely in the surrounding villages.
Popular images from the same photographer