How to sell stock images
Photograph or Illustrate
Try to capture a genuine and Nordic expression in your images. You can often find inspiration in your vicinity, like for example important landmarks from your hometown or your friends in everyday situations. Remember to use model releases and property releases if you want to sell your images commercially online.
Upload your images
When you have created an account at Mostphotos you can start uploading your images. Remember to mark your images with the correct licence, use relevant tags and keep your portfolio up to date with new relevant material to make your portfolio attractive.
When you sell your images at Mostphotos you retain all rights to your images; what you are selling is the right to use them. You split the sale 50/50 with Mostphotos and you get to choose if you want your money through Paypal or to your bank account.
How to work with Model and Property releases
1. Ask for permission
When taking a portrait or a photo of your friend`s apartment - ask them to sign an agreement so that you may sell the photos commercially!
2. Sign an agreement
By signing an agreement with the model / property owner you ensure that there will be no legal repercussions. Mostphotos accepts different kinds of model/property releases, but you may also use our own version.
3. Publish the image
When you have arranged your contract, you can sell the images with a commercial licence! Remember to always have your releases available, because you will need to present them if you are asked. You can use Mostphotos’ release if you like, but other types of releases are also acceptable.
What sells best at mostphotos
- NORDIC images taken in Nordic environments.
- AUTHENTIC images which do not appear staged.
- QUALITY images with sharpness and a high pixel count.
- NEW images which give a fresh, updated impression.
- RELEVANT images assigned with relevant tags.
- COMMERCIAL images with a commercial license.
- NATURAL images with a natural tone without effects.
- PEOPLE images of people in various situations and of different ethnicities.
- HOLIDAY CELEBRATIONS images of all seasonal celebrations.
- LOCAL images from Nordic cities.